Friday, August 10, 2007

One Wedding Down....One More to Go...


Congratulations to Rachel and Beracah!!!



Alright, so I arrived back in America August 7 and I knew I was playing music in Beracah and Rachel's Wedding on August 10. I was told that I was playing with Beracah's friend, Jesse Davy, but I never met him or practiced with him before. So, with that said, I was feeling a little eerie if the music was going to flow well on the wedding day.

I met Jesse, a fellow Nebraskan, on Thursday (August 9) for the wedding rehearsal and I remember saying, "Well, shall we practice a little?" And the moment we began to play guitar and sing together, it was bliss. Man, Jesse was a gift from God. I never felt so refreshed musically in a long, long time. It was just fun jamming with him. We had this groove connection that words can't really describe or explain. Only the music can. I almost thought of asking him to quit his job and we should pair up and perform in weddings. Ha, it's crazy that I even thought of it. For meeting Jesse this first time on Thursday and performing music with him the next day, I was very impressed. Thanks Jesse for being a refreshment to my soul. You were very much needed.


Then how can I forget my good friend Justin Wong, the violinst. It was good playing with him again; it reminded me of the good ole times playing together at Sunland Navigator Conferences. I've learned to appreciate the violin cause it adds this soothing aroma to music. I regret not continuing with the violin cause I thought it wasn't cool.


The songs Jesse, Justin, and I played were: For the Love of God (we had some sweet harmony,) I Will Not Take My Love Away, Your Love Is Deep, and In Christ Alone.



It was my first time in awhile seeing the Lee kiddos. When I saw Abby, I couldn't believe my eyes. She grew up FAST. I looked at her and thought, wow, I'm getting old cause Abby's all grown up. But, Abby Lee reminded me of Abbie Rood. I miss the Rood kiddos. I hope Abby and Abbie will meet one day face to face.



I like this picture of Allison aka Allie. She looks like she just took a bunch of Dramamine.


The reception took place in Balboa Park at the Japanese Friendship Tea Garden. I thought it was ironic that I came back from Japan and now I'm in some Japanese Tea Garden. It didn't look like Japan though, that's for sure. It could never capture the beauty of Japan. But I'll give an E for effort to whoever designed this garden. I saw some water and thought there was an onsen. Turns out it was a pond full of fat Koi fish. I still wanted to jump in though.









As I was leaving the reception, I took this picture and for some reason, I think it captures where I am at the moment. Since being back, I feel like this white linen-clothed table. I feel like not spending the energy to initiate with people. I just want to be alone some times. Everything around me seems so black, so foreign, so different. I find myself so quick to judge the American culture or people around me cause I've been used to the Japanese culture and people. Right now I'm not feeling excited to go back to LA. Right now I'm not feeling excited about UCLA ministry. Right now I'm not feeling excited about fundraising. I hope my attitude will change soon, Lord willing. I wish my excitement for UCLA and fundraising would change right now as I type, but that's not most likely going to happen. If you remember, please pray that I will adjust to life here in California smoothly and quickly. If you have been praying, then thanks. I appreciate them a lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God can do it. it won't always be coming up roses but he is able. thanks for sharing, mikey.