Monday, August 13, 2007

Kids

Something that I'm starting to do is to writing down highlights of my day. It helps me remember the good memories.


I thought I'd share one highlight from last Friday.


Today as I was spending time with the Lord and journaling, I remembered Allison Lee at Beracah and Rachel's wedding. After the ceremony, everyone was hanging around. I was sitting in the front row talking with my friend, Janet, about Japan and out of my peripheral vision, I see Allison on the stage. She grabs the communion cup on the mantle, but she doesn't realize there's white grape juice in it. So she totally spills white grape juice all over her white dress. I immediately go over and look around for a towel. Good thing there was a small white towel on the mantle. As I was helping her dry off I said to her, "Yea Allison, you didn't know there was grape juice inside huh?" She looked at me and said slowly with a smile, "I like grape juice." I chuckled a little. That just made my day. I don't know if she said that cause she knew she might have been in trouble or if I was going to correct her. Regardless, it was cute.


I think I'm coming to like kids between the ages of 3-5 more cause they say the funniest things at the right times or when most needed. Though kids can be annoying or irritating at times, they are so precious. Kids make me remember how Jesus loves little children and I wonder why? Why does Jesus say little children will inherit the kingdom of heaven? Why does Jesus say that whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all? I have some thoughts, but I'm curious to know what others think about this. I'm all ears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Though kids can be annoying or irritating at times, they are so precious"

(silent laughter)

Why does Jesus say little children will inherit the kingdom of heaven?
it becomes their right as sons and daughters of the most high. it's the ultimate family hook up.

Why does Jesus say that whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all?
kids believe. kids trust mama and papa. you gotta trust, you gotta believe.