Monday, August 20, 2007

Favorite Image

So I finally finished the whole series of Planet Earth and there were so many quality images and videos. But my favorite one is this:



This is a Great White Shark hunting for a seal and usually the attack only lasts for a second. I watched the diaries section how the camera man was able to delay the Great White Shark's one second attack. He used a special camera that would explode the one second attack into 40 seconds. I could see everything: the shark jumping out of the water, the water splashing, the shark widening its mouth, the seal flying in the air, the shark catching the hopeless seal with its jaws, the shark diving back into the water, the water splashing again. This was probably the best film footage of the whole series cause everything was slow-mo, which depicted every detail in one second. How cool is that!


Last Saturday I helped my Mom with her sale to the public. If you don't know, she's been in the silk flower business for about 20 years. (www.jennysilks.com) She's a trooper. I met one of her employees and his name is also Mike/Michael. So, my Mom doesn't call me Mikey, she calls me Michael. Since we both had the same names, she asks Michael (not me) if he has other nicknames. He said people call him Mickey, but only family. Then my Mom decides to call him Mickey out of the blue. I look at him, he has a smirk, then I start laughing. I guess my Mom decided for herself that she is family as well. So everytime my Mom would call for "Mickey," I would laugh. I forget that my Mom can be hilarious at times, especially when she doesn't mean to be funny. Those are the best.


I got to know Mike a little bit and I found out that he snowboards. So we talked about that for awhile and he goes to Big Bear for snowboarding. I shared with him about how I worked there part time for the past 2 seasons and mentioned he should do it. I hope to snowboard with him, that would be fun. But after talking with him about snowboarding, I've been longing for snow in the midst of this hot weather. I've been longing to go on the slopes and just shred the mountains. I told Mike, "Man, you make me wanna go snowboarding now."


Eagerly waiting....



1 comment:

Sam said...

That was a sweet scene, huh? I saw a piece on how they did the camera set up in Wired a few weeks before they aired it. There's nothing like watching it in slo-mo in HD, though.