Monday, June 16, 2008

Colorado Time...

I'm in Colorado, though the morning at LAX was quite trying. My flight departure was 6:20AM from LAX to Denver. I get to LAX airport at approximately 5AM and I couldn't believe how many people were in line for Southwest. What's even worse was the line for the security checkpoint. The line was at least a quarter of a mile. It was insane! So here I am waiting in line with an hour left before 6:20AM. I for sure was going to miss my flight. But, I kept on praying and asking God that I would get on my plane and my luggage would be on the same plane as well. I get through the security line at 6:10AM and now I'm hauling my butt to the gate. I've never ran so hard in my life. Fortunately, I board the plane, then I look out the window to see if my luggage is being placed onto the plane as I'm walking down the aisle to find a open sit. To the delight of my eyes, I see my guitar and carry on. Whew... What a morning I should say.

For the future, I have to really think through if I wanna fly Southwest again. Because they have cheaper flights, tons of people fly Southwest. But I realize if more and more people are going with Southwest, then lines will eventually be more horrendous.

On a lighter note, Joanna and Rochelle (Joanna's Sister-in-law), picked me up from the Denver Airport. We went back to her home where I saw Jordan (Joanna's brother), Waveland (Joanna's niece), and Banjo (Jordan & Rochelle's semi A.D.D. Golden Retriever). We chilled a little bit, but then we went for a bike ride at the nearby park.


Joanna and I riding bikes. Doesn't she look so attractive?


Jordan and Rochelle rockin' the tandem bike. Waveland's chillin' in the "Burley"



The family model pose.


Group shot.


Another group shot.


Here's Waveland. She's so cute.


This was her first serious interaction with grass. Apparently, she loved eating the grass. Maybe she's gonna be a Vegetarian?




Waveland loves being on Joanna's shoulders.



I also met Jeremy (Joanna's oldest brother), Alaina (Joanna's Sister-in-Law), and Edwin (Joanna's nephew). We all ate at a tasty burger joint called Cherry Cricket. It kinda reminded me of Fuddrucker's.

Tomorrow, Joanna and I are headed down to the Glen for the June Edge Summit.

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

I'm excited you got to meet Jo's siblings and family...they are some really cool people.

Enjoy the Summit!

pS - we are okay. Marcus and I were not directly affected by the floods, only family members and a lot of the downtown. Iowa City and Cedar Falls (home of UNI and U of I) were more severely affected. It's crazy, but the rivers are now going down.

Jer said...

cute baby! i love the picture where she's reaching out for the clumpy grass. ah-ahah! =D

kyle and jennifer said...

yay for an update on two of my favorite cali people ;) (and jo's precious family!) sooo needed!