Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recap of my 3 day weekend...

In order to start off the weekend right, snowboarding had to fit in the picture. I went to Mt. High with some UCLA friends. We had a great time and I was impressed with their snowboarding, considering it was their first time.


From left to right: Eddie, Harry (Eddie's twin brother), Tony, Me


While I was home in Orange County, I went on a little hike in Irvine. I was hoping to catch the sunset. And what a beautiful sunset it was. But I would have never imagined to see the moon and the sun both at the same time.


Here I'm facing west towards the sun.

Here I'm facing east towards the moon.
How crazy is that?



This past Sunday was my Mom's birthday. I asked her how old she was. She told me, "55." I must admit, my Mom still has a young look for her age and I forget that she's "over the hill." I still think she's in her forties. But, when she said she was 55, I was a little distraught cause I couldn't believe how old she was. Regardless of her age, I am truly grateful for my Mom. I couldn't ask for a better Mom than her. She always supports me and I always feel cared for. She is a huge blessing from the Lord. Thanks Mom! You're the best!


Thanks to my Mom and her floral business, I feel like I've developed some kind of taste in flowers. I wanted to get my Mom some nice, beautiful flowers, so I went to Trader Joe's. They always seem to have good looking flowers. Tulips were the flowers I had in mind and the minute I saw these, I knew I had to get them.





I am amazed at all the vibrant colors I get to see now on earth. But sometimes I wonder in heaven, if there will be a whole new set of different colors. Colors that I've never seen before. Colors that God kept secretly so He could surprise me one day. I wonder...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Nice comments about your mom! Happy Birthday, Mrs. Wang!
However, Miey, we do need to discuss your definition of "over the hill"! :) Somehow I think your mom and I will still be kickin' for a long time! Better watch it, bud! :) Moms rule!

Leslie said...

Oops, guess I'm already humbled since I misspelled your name! Darn keyboard..where is that K? :)