Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Depend on Me...

where are you?
where are you going?
i feel so lost right now
helpless like a newborn babe
i don't like this feeling
of being so inadequate
you love the blind?
you love the weak?
you love the broken?
you love the humble?
are you sure?
are you sure?

i don't understand
can this be true?

"Heaven is my throne
and the earth is my footstool
for My hand made all these things
thus all these things came into being
but to this one I will look
to him who is humble
and contrite of spirit
and who trembles at My word."

do you trust?
do you believe?
I'm looking for people like these.
call to Me
and I will answer you
all I ask is that you trust Me
you can depend on Me



3 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

Recently, I've been enjoying 1 Peter 2:23 *When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.*
Where are we entrusting ourselves? To ourselves or to God?
Your writing expresses that, Mikey. It's awesome to think about.

Kelli B said...

mikey! i didnt know you had a blog...now i'm going to be keeping up with you!

i like your posts. very thought-provoking. and fun photos.

i'll be back.

Kelli B said...

this is funny we are communicating via blogging. good story about your suit fitting. I've heard that Japanese food is very healthy and very tasty...I'm looking forward to it. In just 2 weeks on this program of ours, I can buckle my belt on the 3rd hole instead of the 2nd. Awesome!

Sharon (Henry) Jones' wedding was so great! They looked so happy, so beautiful/handsome, and we got a chance to catch up with a lot of people (Luebes for one were a highlight). It was a good time.